Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 2 of Starting all over (again) - 17 day diet C1D1 update

Stress.

It has destroyed more than one good intention in my life.

This time, I was so frustrated, I allowed myself to stop looking at weight loss as a positive thing and gave into the demons that keep me fat.  As if being fat was a gift of rebellion - a gift of pride.

Screw that.

I'm back.

Again.

And this time the frustration has led to anger then to determination.  This is where I should be.  Always.  Determined to win.  And winning is losing and getting "me" back.

Yesterday I started the "17-day Diet" after much, much, research.  I don't expect miracles, but it all makes sense that you are eating healthier and therefore will lose weight.  I didn't get hungry yesterday, though I did have cravings.

Yesterday was also a high stress day out of the blue.  And by high stress, I mean the type that sucker punches you in the gut when you least expect it.  The kind that comes out of thin air with a surprise you never saw coming.  The left field kind of shock.  Yet, when it was all said and done - it only made me wiser and realize that I really am on the right path - for me.  The hurt and shock I experienced yesterday is done.  It can't happen again, because now I've experienced it - learned from it - and am now in the moving on stage.  All in a matter of hours.

That never happens.

And through it all, I grabbed a glass of water, or a cup of green tea instead of a beer or a glass of wine.  I ate a slab of chicken instead of a hunk of bread.  I snacked on veggies instead of potato chips.  And I went to bed satisfied.

C1D1 of 17-day diet.  I weighed myself this past friday - started the diet yesterday - weighed in this morning.  Down 4.2 pounds.  Is this realistic?  Obviously it's a lot of water...no possible way to lose 4 pounds of fat in one day...but I like the number.  The scale is moving in the right direction and I have 16 more days to go on cycle one.  I'll be thrilled to move it down another 3.8 pounds.  But I promise not to complain if it goes lower.

If it goes higher then all bets are off. :)

I'll try to keep everyone posted by blogging my daily adventure.  I can't promise excitement and daily gems of wisdom, but I can give up a realistic account of an overweight, post-menopausal woman who needs to realistically lose about 80 pounds.

Join me on this adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment